Welcome to Fall Everyone!
I hope everyone had a wonderful summer. As City Council heads into a busy Fall, I thought it would be a good idea to update constituents on some important conversations that were recently had at Council. I will also provide an update on the work that is to come for the remainder of the year.
Please join me for my next ward pihêsiwin Virtual Townhall on Wednesday September 14th at 6:30pm. Topics I hope to touch on:
- Scona Pool Closure: The decision behind the closure of the pool
- Gondola: The decision behind City Council deciding not to proceed with the land lease agreements
- Naturalization and Pesticide Ban: Update on the vote on August 22nd at Community and Public Services Committee
- Single Use Plastic Bylaw Vote: Update on the vote that occurred at Public Hearing on September 13th
- Neighbourhood Specific Updates: I will use this opportunity to provide an update on some specific neighbourhood concerns that my office has been receiving
- District Planning: Discussion on how to get involved in this multi-year project to create The City Plan’s 15-minute districts
- Snow and Ice Control: Operational update for the winter 2022-2023 season
- Budget: What conversations are happening before the end of the year
- Community League Day on September 17th: What events are happening in the Ward for this day.
In addition to the above topics you will also have the opportunity to ask questions that I will be more than willing to answer. Details can be found on the Facebook event page or CLICK Here for the Zoom Link on Wednesday September 14th to join the meeting.
We will dig into the topics above. However, if you have additional topics in mind you would like to discuss please email them to my office at [email protected] or call 780-496-8130.
I look forward to our community conversation next week! See you on Wednesday, September 14th!
Do you like this page?