Engaged. Informed. Respected.
Tim was first elected to Edmonton City Council in 2017. He is a Professional Engineer and small business owner. His business is about designing and managing building projects, including past projects like the Expo Center for Northands and three seniors lodges for the Greater Edmonton Foundation. Prior to serving in public office, Tim also worked for Alberta’s Treasury Board and Edmonton Catholic Schools.
Giving back to the community has always been very important to Tim. He has over three decades of community volunteer experience, including various community league roles, coaching minor hockey, and various roles on discipline and practice standards committees with his professional association (APEGA).
In 2013, he received the APEGA Summit Award for Community Service and in 2014, he was received the Engineers Canada Meritorious Service Award.
Tim and his wife, Cathy, were born and raised in Edmonton and live in South Edmonton with their three children: Matthew (18), Riana (20) and Justin (23).
Tim currently serves as: Chair of the Urban Planning Committee, Member of the Inter-Municipal and Regional Development Committee, Member of the Audit Committee, and is on the Board of Directors for the Fort Edmonton Park Management Company.
Tim also supports the following Council Initiatives: Live Active for health and recreation, Active Transportation, and the Winter City strategy for realizing all of the benefits of our beautiful northern city.
Tim cares about his community and is now ensuring that the voices of Ward 9 residents are heard at City Hall.
- M.Eng. Engineering Management, 1995, University of Alberta
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering, 1988, University of Alberta
- President, Owner and Operator, Lemtra Projects
- Director, Facilities and Services, Edmonton Catholic Schools
- Executive Director, Capital Planning and Spending, Government of Alberta (Treasury Board)
- Director, Facilities and Infrastructure, Northlands
- Professional Member of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Member of the Edmonton Construction Association
- Member of the Project Management Institute
- Fellow, Engineers Canada (FEC)
- Vice-Chair & Member, APEGA Discipline Committee, 2008 - 2017
- President & Member, Terwillegar Riverbend Advisory Council (TRAC), 2004 - 2017
- Minor Hockey Coach, 2002 - 2015
- Member, GO Centre Building Committee, 2008 - 2010
- Member, South West Area Teams Executive, 2006 - 2010
- Member, Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues Planning and Development Committee, 2009 - 2010
- Member (President in 2006), Riverbend Community League, 2004 - 2007
- Member, City of Edmonton Trails and Pathways Advisory Committee, 2003 - 2005
- Member, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, 1989 - 2005
- Member (Chair 2003-04), APEGGA Honors and Awards Committee, 2001 - 2004
- Member, Capital Health Authority Southwest Community Health Council, 1998 - 2004
- Member, APEGGA Practice Standards Committee, 1997 - 1999
Interests & Achievements
- Engineers Canada 2014 Meritorious Service Award - Community Service, May 2014
- APEGA Summit Award for Community Service, April 2013
- Honorary Fellowship in Geoscientists Canada (FGC-Honorary), June 2013
- Community Spirit Award, Terwillegar Riverbend Advisory Council (TRAC), April 2012
- Avid reader, skier, golfer and runner; completed five marathons, including Vancouver and New York