Engaged. Informed. Respected.
Tim is pragmatic, forward-thinking, family-oriented, business-minded and community-focused. He is a Professional Engineer and business owner, has worked for Alberta’s Treasury Board and Northlands, and has raised 3 great kids in Ward 9 with his incredible wife and partner, Cathy.
He has a long and respected history in the community and was President of the Terwillegar Riverbend Advisory Council (TRAC). He has had several other local leadership roles with the Riverbend Community League, the TRAC Transportation Committee and the Lillian Osborne Community Theatre initiative, amongst others.
Tim cares about his community and is now ensuring that the voices of Ward 9 residents are heard at City Council.
- M.Eng. Engineering Management, 1995, University of Alberta
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering, 1988, University of Alberta
- President, Owner and Operator, Lemtra Projects
- Director, Facilities and Services, Edmonton Catholic Schools
- Executive Director, Capital Planning and Spending, Government of Alberta (Treasury Board)
- Director, Facilities and Infrastructure, Northlands
- Professional Member of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Member of the Edmonton Construction Association
- Member of the Project Management Institute
- Fellow, Engineers Canada (FEC)
- Vice-Chair & Member, APEGA Discipline Committee, 2008 - 2017
- President & Member, Terwillegar Riverbend Advisory Council (TRAC), 2004 - 2017
- Minor Hockey Coach, 2002 - 2015
- Member, GO Centre Building Committee, 2008 - 2010
- Member, South West Area Teams Executive, 2006 - 2010
- Member, Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues Planning and Development Committee, 2009 - 2010
- Member (President in 2006), Riverbend Community League, 2004 - 2007
- Member, City of Edmonton Trails and Pathways Advisory Committee, 2003 - 2005
- Member, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, 1989 - 2005
- Member (Chair 2003-04), APEGGA Honors and Awards Committee, 2001 - 2004
- Member, Capital Health Authority Southwest Community Health Council, 1998 - 2004
- Member, APEGGA Practice Standards Committee, 1997 - 1999
Interests & Achievements
- Engineers Canada 2014 Meritorious Service Award - Community Service, May 2014
- APEGA Summit Award for Community Service, April 2013
- Honorary Fellowship in Geoscientists Canada (FGC-Honorary), June 2013
- Community Spirit Award, Terwillegar Riverbend Advisory Council (TRAC), April 2012
- Avid reader, skier, golfer and runner; completed five marathons, including Vancouver and New York